Eagle is currently seeking ETL Developers for six (6) month contract opportunities, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Working on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data;
- Working with a diverse group of business users to gather requirements on how to leverage their data assets;
- Working remotely with users from Calgary or Edmonton;
- Carrying out detailed design and development of ETL using SSIS, Azure Data Factory, and other tools;
- Designing and developing OLAP and Tabular Cubes using SSAS and Azure Data Warehouse within the agreed methodologies, standards, and quality levels;
- Working with clients building reports using SSRS, PowerBI, and other reporting solutions;
- Investigating and implementing new technologies in Data Warehousing and BI as they become available;
- Delivering all necessary ETL/Cube development work (technical specifications, coding, and unit testing) required to support the delivery;
- Reporting progress of own ETL/Cube development work against agreed plans, taking necessary action to keep work plans in line with agreed milestones;
- Documentation on development, testing, and deployment tasks; and,
- Developing databases using SSIS packages, T-SQL, MSSQL, and MySQL scripts.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University required, preferably in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems, or related field;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in BI/Data Warehouse technologies;
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS;
- Experience in Azure cloud-based technologies like Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, PowerBI, etc.;
- Strong database skills in SQL Server 2008-2016 - T-SQL, Stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexing, Constraints, and MDX/DAX;
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and dimensional Data-modelling;
- Experience building data-marts and data warehouses;
- Experience of Database performance tuning techniques;
- Experience with GIT, PowerShell, JSON;
- Experience with SSAS Tabular Models and SQL Server column store indexing;
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to self-manage;
- Various Microsoft Accreditations are nice to have;
- Experience with new technology such as Data Bricks;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; and,
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.