Engineering Document Management Business Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Engineering Document Management Business Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as a subject matter expert with regards to the documentation generated during the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Operations of facilities and pipelines;
- Mapping existing and designing new engineering document management business processes;
- Hosting workshops and conducting business interviews to develop an improved information management taxonomy (folders, permissions, metadata (Information about documents) , etc.);
- Engaging with business representatives to understand their paper and electronic information (Including P&ID’s, Data Sheets, Inspection reports, and standards);
- Migrating Shared drive and SharePoint documents into OpenText Content Server;
- Creating a plan and extract meta-data from documentation including: Tag(s), Document Number, Discipline, Document type, Revision, etc.;
- Manipulating and organizing meta-data into the system using excel formulas and load spreadsheets as required, and,
- Generating requirements, design, and testing documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related Business or IT field would be an asset;
- Ten plus (10+) years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry - experience working directly for an Owner / Operators is a plus;
- Senior Business Analyst with experience creating or update existing processes;
- Oil and Gas experience with technical knowledge of the documentation relevant to the design, build, and operation of pipelines and facilities;
- Experience with engineering document management systems (i.e. OpenText Content Server/Livelink, SmartPlant Foundation, etc.);
- Professional, client facing, excellent communication skills;
- Project experience involving taxonomy development, information turnover/handover, or migrations from Shared Drives into a document management systems;
- Experience creating deliverables such as process flows, business requirements documents, and user acceptance test scripts; and,
- Proficiency with content management systems, specifically Open Text would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.