Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Test Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start in September.
As the Test Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the existing Common Payment Web Application as the primary Tester for all new and existing projects;
- Supporting Kount integration activities (set up profiles, admin rights, facilitates/monitors fraud-related rules;
- Facilitating communication with the team and with other groups to ensure that testing designs (scripts, data, expected results, etc.) are clearly understood and all testing requirements are met;
- Upholds the standards and expectations set forth by management and ensures company guidelines, strategies and procedures are followed;
- Providing updates and status reports to the Test Lead/Test Manager and/or Project Manager as appropriate;
- Leading and mentoring junior team members and provides input to the Test;
- Acting as Lead/Test Manager with regard to team member's performance evaluations;
- Working closely with different functional groups to resolve and prevent issues, ensuring thorough testing from a business perspective, and understands support issues;
- Converting requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Adapting to the client and partner requirements. Analyzes data, recommends improvements and compiles reports based on findings;
- Taking responsibility for data entry completeness and accuracy and record keeping of tests completed;
- Performing end-to-end and complex functional testing of key business processes using available tools and applications; and,
- Participating in product readiness and release decisions and provides QA sign-off documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in business application and/or software testing required;
- Previous Test and Support experience;
- Strong experience analyzing and understanding functional, technical and non-functional requirements in a variety of application environments;
- Experience designing, creating, performing, and documenting both functional and technical test cases and scripts;
- Experience using and leveraging automated testing tools;
- Experience using JIRA;
- Agile experience, eCommerce test experience, Java for automated test perspective (an asset); and,
- Experience using Cucumber, Selenium (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.