Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in October.
The IT Project Manager is a pivotal role within the planning team that carries responsibility for coordinating project exploration activities, monitoring and controlling timelines of exploration deliverables, and providing timely status to project sponsors.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with stakeholders across all LOBs, operations groups, and IT teams to coordinate and support project exploration activities for IT BRS;
- Lead the assessment process with vendors and IT partners;
- Coordinate assessment status calls, estimation sessions, and solution reviews with project teams, executives, and other stakeholders;
- Plan, monitor, and communicate timelines of exploration deliverables, working closely with vendor partners, BSAs, and various stakeholders;
- Manage project financials, and ensure accurate invoicing & budget documentation - including SAP reporting and PEATS due diligence when applicable;
- Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes throughout the project lifecycle;
- Coordinate and support project staffing using enterprise tools to track and report on resource needs;
- Drive innovation and simplicity - identify opportunities and drive process improvements, standardization, and enablers to gain efficiencies;
- Prepare performance metrics data, reports, and related communications materials;
- Create and lead executive presentations on project reviews across the Business and IT units; and,
- Manage multiple projects of various size/scale/complexity in parallel.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of three (3) years of IT Project Management;
- Proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects, lasting 6 to 12+ months in duration and requiring cross-functional teams of 20 or more people in a matrix environment to deliver;
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology and best practices (e.g. PMI) as well as a strong understanding of the project life cycle;
- Formal project management training is desirable; PMI/PMP certification is not required but is considered an asset;
- Proficiency using project management tools including MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project;
- Experience in Information Technology;
- Work experience in the telecommunications industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of clients network, systems, IT and operational processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to listen, understand, and respond effectively; ability to produce and present executive quality presentations;
- Proven facilitation, planning & organization skills;
- Ability to navigate difficult situations through relationship building and influencing others;
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment;
- Experience in IT development lifecycle would be an asset;
- Experience in Call Centre or Retail ordering and billing processes;
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems and processes such as SAP, and Peats;
- Knowledge of any of the following the client’s IT systems will be an asset;
- OrderMAX, OMF, MDM, COM, BCRIS / eBCCS, TV ordering, and provisioning systems;
- Tapestry, SIMPLe, Walled Garden;
- DigiTEK, BPI / Blueprints, Proffer;
- Qualification (NQ, NDW, etc.);
- SP&A (SODB, iPAIRS, ACCESS, NSC H, etc.);
- Customer Billing (NM1, Ensemble, CSG);and,
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.