Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Solutions Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in October.
As a Solutions Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Elicit, analyze, interpret business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, includes data models (entity-relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data life cycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements;
- All development activities to support business cases in Enterprise Data Platform (EDPP) Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, XML, Spark, Pyspark, Talend ETL, SQL Server, full-stack development in Angular, JBoss and java
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms for those development projects aligned to business or organizational strategies;
- Design, implement reporting platforms (e.g. modeling, ETL, BI framework) and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements;
- Work with technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, provide analysis and requirements so that data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with intended design and standards;
- Deliver business or enterprise data deliverables (that adhere to enterprise frameworks) for various platforms/servers/applications/systems;
- Provide data analysis and requirements within the enterprise platform (e.g. Hadoop);
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards, ensure data quality and requirements are embedded in/adhered to within system development deliverables;
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms;
- Perform data profiling using tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis;
- Help development and testing teams resolve data issues;
- Support the user community by helping them interpret data;
- Engage with data managers, stewards and owners to implement, maintain, enhance data governance, quality, and related policies, aligning with client’s standards and frameworks;
- Ensure capture of requirements related to data privacy and security, governance and access controls;
- Respect clients technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines.
What we’re looking for:
- Two (2) years of previous experience with Big data (hive, oozy, sqoop);
- Three (3) years of SQL development experience;
- Two (2) years of knowledge and experience with Agile methodology;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Added assets would be knowledge or experience with the following;
- Angular, Jboss, Tableau; and,
- SQL Server – T SQL will be a definite asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.