Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start in September.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the focal point for the planning, monitoring and control of complex projects at multiple locations that require strong management and tracking background and a high level of diplomacy and communication skills;
- The successful execution and delivery of IT Solutions;
- Working with scrum teams and senior management in achieving alignment on project direction and functionality considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality and making trade-offs as appropriate for each project being managed;
- Communicating difficult or sensitive information tactfully;
- In some cases taking on leadership in some components of the business work as well;
- Acting as the prime liaison between the Company and third party organizations on project-related issues or inquiries. This includes incorporating third-party dependencies in project plans and decisions and ensuring the scrum teams are aware of those results;
- Ensuring all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information
- Working with scrum teams and third parties to develop complex project plans to support successful project delivery
- Managing and tracking those project plans including integration milestones, release activities and milestones
- Working with scrum teams to identify, manage and track risks, issues, dependencies, and actions;
- Setting up relevant meetings and taking minutes where required to ensure ongoing project progress is tracked and communicated;
- Ensuring resolution of and escalating issues or risks in a timely fashion when required and that these are recorded for tracking and closure on the central project tracking tool;
- Working with Scrum teams to define resource requirements, budget, technology, and facility needs and report those using company tools to the central finance and PPM and PMO teams. This includes identification and management of project changes through working with scrum teams where the overall objective of the project or major assumptions have changed;
- Conducting regular status meetings with project team leads and communicating relevant project information to executive and leadership team;
- Providing regular project reviews and reporting using the internal project tracking tool to support enterprise project scorecards and dashboards;
- Ensuring use of the central project repository for key project documentation;
- Developing proposals and coordinates the proposal development process (including the creation of minor enhancement requests, change requests and proposals as required) through to the business. This includes ensuring project approvals are received from the business as purchase orders on a timely basis before work begins; and,
- Working collaboratively with the Leadership team to ensure compliance to project standards, engagement processes and client requirements. (e.g. issue action item reminders).
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) to twenty (20) years in a Project Manager role / Project Management consulting environment;
- Structured, diplomatic and tactful communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience in the facilitation and collaboration of people to work as one team;
- Experience in an environment using the Agile methodology and landscape for delivery of technology projects;
- Achievement of the Project Management Professional (PMP) through PMI or the Prince2 certification through AXELOS OR Maters in Project management;
- Experience with managing vendors within a large organization (an asset); and,
- Working with teams at multiple locations (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.