Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Systems Administrator and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Montreal, QC to start in October.
As the Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and resolving incidents related to infrastructure systems (Solaris OS);
- Participating in on-call rotation for 24/7 support;
- Initiating corrective actions to resolve system and infrastructure issues;
- Logging and documenting production problems, identifying recurring problems and recommending preventative measures;
- Working with application support groups or systems engineers, identifying problems, resolving or escalating as required; and,
- Interacting with systems programmers, server, database and network support staff to maintain responsive and available infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications:
The skilled candidate must have:
- Bilingualism (English and French);
- Seven (7) + years experience in Solaris UNIX operating systems;
- Seven (7) years of SUN Hardware experience: (Oracle Blade Servers);
- Seven (7) years experience with Shell scripting: (Shell, Python, Perl);
- Experience with ZFS file systems;
- Skilled in Solaris virtualization experience (LDOM & zones) ;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices. Incident, Problem, and Change management;
- Knowledge of Solaris UNIX systems and support, UNIX systems management, servers, diagnostic tools, as well as shell, Python, and Perl scripts etc.;
- Experience on Oracle Blade Servers;
- ITIL foundation certification (an asset);
- Knowledge ServiceNow (an asset);
- Understanding of SAN and networking (an asset); and,
- Exposure to multiple UNIX based operating systems (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.