Finance Applications Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Finance Applications Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in September.
As the Finance Applications Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- The integrity of Finance Applications, providing expert guidance on Finance Business Processes and their implementation within technologies utilized by accounting teams;
- Providing Leadership and guidance in the use of cross-functional applications and technologies.
- Acting as a Technology Subject Matter Expert, and providing support/guidance to the Special Projects and extended Finance teams on applications and utility processes;
- Being the primary resource for ERP analysis and business process support related to General Ledger, Controlling (Management Accounting), Revenue and Gas Accounting, Project Accounting, Plant Accounting, General Accounting (Banking & Treasury) and month-end close processes;
- Providing support and guidance in the use of ERP technologies to automate and create efficiencies in Finance Business Processes;
- Acting as lead for integration of Finance Applications with external systems (ie. Billing Systems, Payment Systems, Cloud Providers) and ensuring the integrity of financial information being passed to these systems;
- Application Maintenance, and Development Support on Finance EPM products such as BPC and other internal Data Warehouses;
- Acting as a lead contact and business partner with Technology and Information Systems teams with respect to projects and day to day system maintenance;
- Providing guidance and best practice recommendations on Master Data Governance related to key Finance Reporting Structures (ie. COA, Cost Centre, Reporting Hierarchies);
- Mentoring and supporting finance personnel in the use of technologies and their application within finance business processes;
- Identifying and addressing routine and non-routine business issues in a timely manner and providing a sound rationale for decisions and implement action plans as needed;
- Consulting with affected parties and determining if the issue is resolved or if further action is required;
- Maintaining cross-functional process flows and integration of data for key client areas within UPO Finance;
- Conducting testing and problem solving of system data for accuracy as new projects or upgrades are required;
- Identifying and analyzing opportunities for new functionality that will leverage technology solutions in order to deliver process improvements;
- Prioritizing new opportunities and developing a strategy for implementation as required
- Developing and providing support for document training tools and work instructions for the Finance Applications and Development group; and,
- Working with DBAs for system SQL items, i.e. system reboots, server problems and issues, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary degree (Business or IT field);
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in Finance as well as other areas of the business;
- Ability to work effectively with others, analyzing Issues & solving problems, supporting strategy, pursuing Leading Edge Innovation, implementing and Influencing Change, Seeking Process Improvement, Meeting Stakeholder Needs; and,
- INPUT experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of