Programmer/Developer (Level 3)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Programmer/Developer (Level 3) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Programmer/Developer (Level 3), you will be responsible for:
- Providing input from a systems perspective;
- Developing and providing effort estimates for design and development activities;
- Designing and developing real-time and batch interface programs;
- Designing and developing small/midsize applications where there is no commercially available solution;
- Analyzing current and new information systems requirements;
- Writing programs to extract, translate, load, and verify data using an enterprise messaging layer (i.. Kafka);
- Designing and developing programs to address requirements for data conversions and other data transformations;
- Configuring SaaS, COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) Software with training;
- Participating in system and application upgrades and other support activities as needed;
- Assisting users in solving programs and answers systems and application-related questions;
- Developing programs for automatic correction of erroneous data;
- Adhering to programming standards when performing analysis, writing documentation, and testing components;
- Developing code utilizing modern development practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and agile methodologies;
- Developing Unit test cases and validates test results during testing;
- Testing and debugging applications in conjunction with business; and
- Utilizing test-driven development and automated testing frameworks;
- Developing documentation for the programs written or modified; and
- Providing input for training materials;
- Investigating, resolving and escalating problems and develop recommendations for resolution;
- Identifying the need for technical assistance to help in problem resolution; and,
- Escalating issues as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with warehouse management systems with preference given to Manhattan WMS;
- Advanced technical knowledge and expertise in computer applications/software, related operating systems, and hardware acquired through formal education and progressively responsible experience in systems development;
- Ecommerce experience: WebSphere Commerce Server, Oracle Commerce Server, Shopify;
- Knowledge of integration frameworks such as Kafka, Enterprise Service Bus;
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python, Java, PL/SQL. .Net, C, C#, C++, Visual Basic, COBOL;
- Knowledge of the following tools such as IDE (IntelliJ, Eclipse), Library Management (CVS, Subversion, MSTFS, Bitbucket), ETL tools;
- UNIX skills: Shell scripting, Perl, Python, utilities; and,
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows environments.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.