Security Specialist II
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Security Specialist II and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in October.
As the Security Specialist II, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining DB servers connectivity and compliance with Guardium and related tools;
- Maintaining/operating/building Guardium appliances;
- Performing capacity management and execute preventive measures to avoid outages;
- Performing troubleshooting configuration and network connectivity issues;
- Being proactive and executing tasks with little need for supervision;
- Working effectively with other teams, sharing knowledge and helping others to resolve critical service issues;
- Facilitating management and tracking of large numbers of activities, findings, requirements and changes;
- Using MS-Excel proficiently to create, maintain and share technical and project items, including management of inventories, filtering, extracting, aggregating and reporting;
- Creating and sharing procedures and technical documentation in MS-Word;
- Applying a sense of urgency, resourcefulness and enthusiasm in providing solutions/ideas for process or technology requirements;
- Applying agile methodology & accurate logic and common sense in making decisions;
- Protecting confidential information and act with a high level of integrity;
- Leveraging a high level of confidence and assertiveness in high-pressure situations;
- Building strong relationships, interacting and engaging other teams and individuals without direct reporting relationships to resolve issues and achieve goals;
- Quickly analyzing large amounts of information and formulating action plans based on that analysis; and,
- Being a self-learner, eager to master new technologies and sharing your knowledge and educating others.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- University Degree in Engineering, computer science or related fields;
- Three (3) + years of hands-on experience administering any complex platform such as Windows servers, Unix servers, Active Directory/LDAP, Firewalls, Databases, Virtualization, Major security and corporate tools;
- Hands-on knowledge on IBM Security Guardium;
- Proven understanding of cybersecurity concepts, logging and monitoring, vulnerabilities, scanning, segregation of duties, etc.;
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to determine root cause, identify problems and understand when to fix or when to mitigate risk;
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages;
- Solid understanding of firewalls, routers, TCP/IP and services such as UDP/TCP/IP, SSH, Telnet, FTP/SCP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP and LDAP/Active Directory;
- Good understanding of Windows and Linux/Unix servers and architecture, including basic operation, services and processes, partitions, jobs, scheduling, storage, memory, clustering and load balancing, VMware and virtualization, hardening and access control.;
- Understanding of relational databases concepts and technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, clustering and understanding of SQL language;
- Ability to create and manipulate reports in MS Excel;
- Proficiency in MSWord and maintaining technical documentation of systems/procedures under mandate;
- Experience with Risk-based controls reporting, including risk prioritization, reporting, and proposing and developing remediation steps (an asset);
- Experience with internal controls and Configuration management, currency controls, Ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, etc.;
- Professional IT security certification such as CISSP (an asset);
- An understanding of regulatory and Controls requirements: PCI, SOX, HIPAA, ISO 2700x, NIST standards (an asset);
- Former Financial Institution experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.