Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Scrum Master and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a seven (7) month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start in September.
As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for:
- Playing a dual role as Scrum Master and Project Manager;
- Managing project budget and cost forecasting;
- Managing project status reporting in MS-SharePoint site
- Managing resource forecasting in ChangePoint;
- Creating and managing the deployment plan;
- Managing relationships with various groups outside the development team (e.g. Security and Compliance, Service Integration and Management);
- Understanding our customers and what is important to them in terms of business value;
- Facilitating the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values;
- Facilitating the team towards self-organization;
- Assessing the agile maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment;
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving;
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and actively sharing information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using an inclusive leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example; and,
- Other small projects and initiatives will arise outside of the scope of the Project.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I);
- Two (2) to five (5) years of relevant job experience;
- Two (2) years of experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory;
- Comfort multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Good skills and knowledge of inclusive leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency;
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.); and,
- Experience with Jira.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.