Systems Analyst (Level 3) - x 15
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has multiple career opportunities for Systems Analysts (Level 3) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6)-month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start immediately.
As the Systems Analyst (Level 3), you will be responsible for:
- Performing quality assurance tasks (such as peer reviews) on their own work, as well as the work of others;
- Performing unit, regression, integration, end-to-end, and performance testing as required;
- Adhering to quality assurance standards as used in each phase of development and maintenance;
- Performing independent verification and validation of software applications and systems function and performance;
- Attending project/team meetings and briefings to articulate the proposed design or changes in a manner that makes sense to staff or to reach an understanding and/or solution to related problems and issues;
- Supporting and using the selected agency methodologies and best practices;
- Supporting systems in test and production environments;
- Performing complex problem resolution/debugging;
- Preparing the system for releases (production and lower states) and coordinates all changes with impacted partners; and,
- Providing IT guidance to other members of the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) + years of relevant Systems Analyst experience;
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience within the last fifteen (15) years with COBOL and CICS development within large IT development projects. Large is defined as greater than or equal to $20M;
- Minimum of four (4) years IT experience within the last eight (8) years in all phases of the systems development life cycle including documenting business requirements, systems analysis, project design, development and testing;
- Minimum of four (4) years experience within the last eight (8) years working on an IBM Mainframe platform.;
- Minimum of four (4) years experience working in a large (having greater and equal to 10,000 employees) government department/agency, a crown corporation, or private enterprise organization within the last ten (10) years demonstrating Senior System Analyst type work;
- Minimum of four (4) years experience within the last eight (8) years analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements with the client, IT stakeholders and development teams;
- Experience working in a COBOL mainframe development environment interfacing with IDMS and/or DB2 relational databases;
- Experience in design and development using the following: TSO, JCL, MQ Series, SQL, Expediter, Strobe, Workbench.;
- Experience with Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) development;
- Experience communicating technical problems;
- Experience analyzing requirements;
- Experience resolving complex problems;
- Experience analyzing, documenting, gathering and validating business requirements; and,
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture development.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.