Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing complex analysis for Development, Engagement, and stakeholders, including developing high-quality analytical products and visualizations, predictive and prescriptive modeling, mentoring and training colleagues, and overall responsibility for the quality and timeliness of analytics work produced;
- Data accuracy and deliverables as data and information managed and produced;
- Acting as a senior expert on analytics issues. Identify, prioritize, and execute applied analytics that deliver insights across fundraising goals;
- Acting as a vocal Champion and Advocate for better Information delivery;
- Examining existing reports and strategies and initiate new functionalities and business processes leading to more robust data and improved operations;
- Working directly with the Senior Programming/Database Analyst on the Systems team to ensure that the database/system infrastructure has sufficient capabilities to support our analytical and data science requirements;
- Undertaking significant overall responsibility in key architecture and Information delivery tasks, and be accountable for the accuracy and quality of reporting documents that they and the team produce;
- Growing analytics capacity, maturity and standards within the organization through training, workshops, and supporting skill development;
- Applying fluency in both the theory and practice of extracting, cleaning, and modelling data, and present it in meaningful ways to end users through dashboarding and storytelling;
- Designing sophisticated methodologies/queries to align with business rules, and regularly share their proficiency in multiple best in class reporting/dashboarding tools and knowledge;
- Continually mentoring and coaching other staff in analytics best practices, and contribute to enhancing the team’s knowledge and abilities;
- Developing complex analytical reports and visualizations to present the requested information back to stakeholders;
- Gathering, integrating, filtering, and segmenting large and unstructured data sets for the purposes of identifying, classifying, and refining constituent pools for fundraising activities;
- Developing and testing Extraction, Transformation, Load (ETL) processes (either through direct table access or APIs) in support of data needs and its data warehouse;
- Mapping source system to data warehouse fields and ensure absolute accuracy of complex calculated fields;
- Proactively identifying any inaccuracies in coding within underlying databases and bring forth solutions. The incumbent must ensure that all stakeholders are appropriately consulted and ensure that related processes within and external to Development Data are not adversely impacted; and,
- Employing creativity and technical ingenuity to address changing requirements, and deal with unanticipated and unique situations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Post-Secondary education with minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of demonstrated competencies in fundraising analytics, data science, predictive modeling, and/or similar fields;
- In-depth knowledge of ETL and data management concepts with experience developing and interpreting highly advanced SQL queries for relational databases;
- The ability to convert complex multi-leveled business rules into SQL;
- Significant experience obtaining and restructuring data directly from source tables, as well as through APIs;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex and large datasets, glean actionable insights, and communicate these to business users, both orally and through tools such as Tableau and SSRS;
- The ability to impart understanding of complicated ideas and statistics in a clear and simple manner to a wide variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical;
- Experience in data science with practical application using advanced statistical tools, machine learning/AI, and data mining is an asset, as is proficiency in programming skills with scripting languages (i.e. Python, R etc.);
- Knowledgeable and experienced in complex data structures such as Data Lakes and their place within the enterprise Information Factory;
- Advanced knowledge of BI and data warehousing design, concepts, and best practices with several end-to-end implementation projects successfully completed. Well versed in the Kimball Methodology;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required, along with strong listening and interpretive abilities;
- The capacity to remain positive and confident under pressure, and interact in a highly professional manner and build good relationships with clients and team members is essential;
- Experience mentoring and training others to increase their own knowledge and abilities in analytics, and a willingness to share skills and techniques with peers and colleagues, and the larger data community through blogs, user groups, presenting at conferences, and other public forums;
- The ability to determine business requirements, assess feasibility, lead project teams, ensure that projects stay on schedule, and provide actionable products to end users that meet their needs;
- The ability to independently handle and prioritize multiple tasks is critical to this role and assess deadlines and schedule work appropriately; and,
- A high degree of critical thinking and problem solving and the ability to deal with major complex issues.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.