Director, Product & Pricing
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Product & Pricing Director for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving the product and pricing strategy in support of corporate goals and objectives;
- Initiating and leading the research, development, and launch of products/services as well as the creation of a product life cycle process;
- Understanding the pricing and delivery of all products and the impact on the profitability for the client and impact on satisfaction of members and employees;
- Working with internal stakeholders in Marketing, Digital, Operations, IS, Treasury and Strategy to analyze existing and proposed products and services with respect to costs, revenue, operational risks/feasibility, and profitability, and make recommendations for creating, evolving or discontinuing products;
- Making pricing recommendations for ongoing products and promotions;
- Assessing the feasibility and coordinate an implementation plan of product and pricing changes within the system;
- Coordinating the communication and implementation of product/pricing creation or changes with all necessary team members and partners;
- Providing market intelligence research and analysis to make recommendations on product and service offerings and pricing, that align with our corporate goals and member-owner segments, pertaining to competitive position, objectives and unique differences;
- Maintaining awareness of industry events, competitor offerings and rates, economic conditions, market developments and demographics and socio-economic trends as they relate to meeting the evolving product needs of members in a timely, value-added fashion;
- Monitoring trends in the financial services industry and assess applicability to the client value proposition and viability;
- Providing an assessment of how the client’s offerings compare to our competition and make recommendations for necessary additions or adjustments;
- Conducting a quarterly product and service charge analysis and recommend any changes;
- Evaluating all product offerings on a timely basis;
- Supporting internal decision-makers such as the Executive Leadership Team and committee by providing market research and trend information;
- Working with marketing colleagues to identify and understand and support the product/service needs of key member-owner segments as identified in aligning with corporate goals and strategies;
- Creating product/pricing strategies based on identified needs to grow new members, increase wallet share, and retain existing members;
- Working alongside all retail, business, cards and wealth departments to understand product needs and develop plan for appropriate products;
- Providing product and financial knowledge while developing strong partnerships with key partners such as Treasury, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Credit, the Learning and Development;
- Supporting Marketing, Learning and Development, branches, business lines and the Member Contact Centre for product-based campaigns including communication of product profiles, market intelligence and goals, and ensuring processing setup and standards across all legacy systems;
- Working with marketing research to ensure metrics and measurements of products and promotions;
- Providing support across all channels including the Intranet, Internet and Contact Centre in partnership with the marketing team;
- Providing leadership and promoting team development;
- Helping foster a healthy team environment;
- Being accountable for the Committee, the market analysis, and resultant fee change recommendations for Committee review and approval; and,
- A minimum of three (3) direct reports.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance;
- Ten plus (10+) years of experience in products/pricing in positions with deep understanding of customer behavior and competitive trends;
- Experience developing and implementing short-term and long-term product strategic growth plans according to corporate objectives;
- Experience engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders at different levels while delivering insights and leading projects;
- Understanding of technology architecture and data analytics and apply and transform "data" first into "information" and then into "actionable intelligence";
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to understand financial banking systems; and,
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary which may require weekend and/or evening work.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.