Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Financial Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the preparation of certain quarterly external disclosures and for ensuring compliance with associated control processes and policies;
- Provide critical operational support and analysis to Accounting Policy and other stakeholders on various strategic initiatives and projects, and will support senior executives within Finance through responding to ad-hoc inquiries and requests;
- Provide factual information and analysis to senior management, act independently to complete analyses and resolve issues with stakeholders, propose accounting entries for complex transactions, and to make recommendations and suggest proposed actions regarding the resolution of issues or implementation of accounting requirements;
- Work with reporting units to resolve consolidation-related issues such as intercompany transaction elimination issues and with project teams and Accounting Policy to support complex accounting issues such as the implementation of new accounting standards;
- Manage the review of monthly financial statements and provide a variance analysis package to senior executives; and,
- Understand and explain complex transactions, reconcile financial results and variance explanations using the information received from various sources across the bank, and liaise with various stakeholders across Finance to report and resolve accounting issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of financial accounting and reporting experience;
- Strong understanding of consolidation/operational accounting;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Public reporting experience** -External and or management reporting;
- Banking experience;
- Understanding of associated regulatory requirements (i.e. OSFI/OSC/SEC) or audit experience with a public accounting firm;
- Knowledge foreign exchange in a multi-currency legal entity structure;
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills;
- Organized - able to succeed in a deadline-driven environment;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; and,
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, meet tight deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.