Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Data Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, including data models (entity-relationship diagrams, dimensional data models) and business rules, data lifecycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements;
- Apply automation and innovation on data platforms and on-going on any new development projects/initiatives aligned to business or organizational strategies;
- Design and implement complex business data information management frameworks to provide a solution that meets business requirements;
- Collaborate with technology and business partners to resolve issues and ensure requirements and established SLAs;
- Work closely with various technology/project teams to understand business data and provide analysis and requirements to ensure the data design/development initiatives are in line with the planned design and standards;
- Work with other various partners/ stakeholders to ensure project success;
- Develop business requirements by researching/analyzing and documenting business data requirements;
- Implement processes aligned to data information management standards and ensure data quality and requirements are developed;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms;
- May be responsible to understand and utilize business information management data deliverables;
- Perform data profiling using tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis;
- Provide support throughout data lifecycle to resolve data issues and support user community by helping users interpret the data;
- Identify and/or define knowledge transfer and data expertise activities to support business teams using information management solutions;
- Adhere to enterprise frameworks or methodologies that relate to data activities for the business area;
- Ensure business operations are in compliance with applicable internal and external requirements (e.g. financial controls, segregation of duties, transaction approvals and physical control of assets);
- Participate in cross-functional /enterprise/initiatives as a subject matter expert helping to identify risk / provide guidance for complex situations;
- Conduct meaningful analysis at the functional or enterprise-level using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations, assess the effectiveness of programs/ policies/ practices; and,
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts; and,
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite.
What we’re looking for:
- Five (5) years of experience as a Data Analyst;
- Five (5) years of SQL experience;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Five (5) years of experience with SAS;
- Financial/banking background;
- DI studio (SAS data integration studio) is a huge asset;
- Hadoop, hive, hql; and,
- Java script and Pega.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.