Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Database Modeler and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Montreal, QC to start September.
As the Database Modeler, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering business requirement and translating them into logical and physical data model design;
- Reverse engineering current applications, designing and providing enhanced model and data flow architecture;
- Designing application relational model (OLTP), Star schema model (OLAP) and ETL documentation (STM);
- Working with application owner, analyst and developers and oversee the end to end solution implementation;
- Data profiling current RDBMS application and related system to assure model and data quality;
- Working in a prototyping and development environment, testing your solution with developers and producing database DDL for production;
- Optimizing design to prevent application bottlenecks and implement data archiving strategy;
- Providing estimate, work breakdown structure (WBS) and progress status;
- Conducting and creating scenarios for functional and integration unit testing in a different environment; and,
- Post-deployment application support and providing fix and enhancement to the data model.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent related project experience;
- At least five (5) years of experience in data modeling;
- Strong experience with SQL language;
- Strong experience with ER data modelling tool (ex: Erwin, Oracle Data Modeler, etc.);
- Experience with SQL server;
- Experience with Git and Team Foundation;
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in both data warehouse and OLTP databases architecture;
- Communication skills and team collaboration; and,
- Programming knowledge on ASP, VB.NET, C# and JAVA (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.