SQL Database Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a SQL Database Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Montreal, QC to start in September.
As the SQL Database Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering application requirements and translating them into SQL Server programming and data objects for Web application;
- Working with application owner, analyst and Web developers and overseeing the end to end solution implementation;
- Reverse engineering current applications design and providing enhanced model and data flow architecture;
- Working with data modeller to review application relational model (OLTP), Star schema model (OLAP) and ETL documentation (STM);
- Data profiling current RDBMS application and related system to assure model and data quality;
- Working in a prototyping and development environment, recommending best usage of SQL Database and test your solution with Web developers;
- Optimizing object code to prevent application bottlenecks and implement data archiving strategy;
- Providing estimate, work breakdown structure (WBS) and progress status;
- Conducting and creating scenarios for functional and integration unit testing in a different environment; and,
- Post-deployment application support, fixing and enhancing the data model.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent related project experience;
- A least five (5) years of experience in SQL database programming;
- Strong experience SQL Server: SQL queries and T-SQL programming;
- Strong experience in Database DDL and relational model;
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services development;
- Experience with Git and Team Foundation;
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in both data warehouse and OLTP databases architecture;
- Communication skills and team collaboration; and,
- Programming knowledge on ASP, VB.NET, C# and JAVA (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.