Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Applications Programmer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As an Applications Programmer, you will be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively to design, build, test, deploy and maintain scalable, high performing, cross-browser compatible, responsive applications with technologies such as React, Express, Node.js, RESTful API, HTML5 and CSS in accordance with specifications, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Collaborate with peers, project managers, architects, business analysts and business users in estimating and developing software applications and enhancements.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle with well written, testable, and efficient code.
- Diagnose and address complex problems where analysis of issues or data requires in-depth evaluation of various contributing factors.
- Develop unit tests, integration tests, and smoke tests for features that you develop and maintain.
- Working closely with Business Analysts to understand and interpret requirements as well as translating requirements into development specifications.
- Collaborate with the QA team to address reported issues and variances, and resolve questions about test results.
- Collaborate with Technology Standards team to ensure the application components are in compliance with UI/UX guidelines and other standards
- Document and communicate issues, gaps, task progress and improvement ideas with Development Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for application components, development environment with Knowledge Base Articles and case studies as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Eight plus (8+) years of Java Development;
- Relational Database – IBM DB2 with four-plus (4+) years of experience;
- RESTful API Development with five plus (5+) years of experience;
- Two years of experience with Angular;
- Minimum of five plus (5+) year of HTML, CSS3 experience;
- Two plus (2+) years of experience with Cloud infrastructure - MS Azure;
- Five plus (5+) years of Linux O/S;
- MongoDB (NoSQL) experience would be an asset;
- NodeJS experience would be an asset;
- RESTful API Development with NodeJS;
- ReactJS knowledge and experience would be an asset; and,
- Agile methodology experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.