Business Intelligence Developer
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Business Intelligence Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 2-month contract located in Markham, ON to start immediately.
Developing the reporting for US Claims Team – develop case management systems – portfolio reports for that system. Will also work on US initiatives. Putting the data into the Big Data/Hadoop platform.
Lead BI development on initiatives and planning, performance, operations, QA efforts, and release/deployment management and deliver reports and dashboards/visualizations that maximize value and insights for business partners. Can bring best practices and emerging trends into the team and promote innovative solutions and insights. Work closely with business to understand strategic and financial objectives, recommend solutions and/or alternatives and translate them into technical specifications and applications. Construct & implement physical database models and structures. Develop data extraction and transformation software components. Develop scripts to automate administrative tasks supporting and Performance Tune Reporting Applications.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee incident investigations to find root causes, then put high-quality remediation plans into action;
- Manage complex deployment in a load-balanced, service-oriented environment;
- Potentially test, debug, and performance analyze and document environment components;
- Huddle with business leaders, technology professionals, vendors, and outsourced partners to assess project viability, priority and communications effectiveness;
- Ability to work independently on a diverse range of tasks or operational solutions support, assignments are highly complex and multi-faceted;
- Ensure appropriate security levels are established and maintained for processes, information exchange, and system implementations;
- Review, define, enforce and influence standards and quality metrics;
- Ensure systems and operational availability meet or (even better) exceed negotiated service levels, report results;
- Respect client’s technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines;
- Help develop and maintain issue prevention processes, participate in promptly determining and resolving incidents; and,
- Willingness to work effectively as a team, helping others to resolve service issues.
What we’re looking for:
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience with SQL, SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Studio);
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience with Tableau;
- Five (5) years of BI developer experience;
- Extensive knowledge of business functions;
- Experience with project management methodology;
- Strong communication skills are very important;
- JIRA for issue tracking and product development;
- Previous knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies would be an asset; and,
- Experience working with Big Data and Tools (Hadoop, Hive, Hue, Pyspark).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.