Project Control Officer (PCO)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Project Control Officer (PCO) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As a Project Control Officer (PCO), you will be responsible for:
- Support the Program Manager and/or project managers to ensure effective project management and controls by performing activities such as monthly reporting, invoice management, monitoring, and administration;
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and maintenance of project team schedules, resource forecasting, and timesheet reconciliation, documents work plan updates, maintains project RAID logs and databases, estimates activity duration and risks, to meet BMO standards;
- Escalate early warning signs and deviations from the plan to the project manager;
- Assist in monitoring project costs, forecasts and updating the project plans;
- Participate in the development of project documentation, presentation decks, artifact drafts, and updates, as well as creates and consolidate project reports, in order to monitor and control project management processes and project deliverables;
- Recommend changes to project planning, monitoring and control processes as necessary to facilitate project delivery;
- Maintain Project/Program repository;
- Track resources across different job disciplines, ensure appropriate security controls are in place for staff joining and/or leaving the project;
- Track and monitor action items, issues, and risks;
- Assist in the daily management of vendor relations in order to maintain good working relationships;
- Coordinate Risk Assessment preparation;
- Perform various project administration tasks, including coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, forwarding communication releases, and performing maintenance of project tracking logs (i.e., issues, change control, etc.) in order to satisfy project;
- Escalate issues (i.e.-funding, resource capacity, availability) to the Senior Project Manager/Program Manager based on project priorities;
- Recommend changes to project costs and forecasts based on data accessed through project tracking;
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps within project portfolio actuals and forecasts and escalate as appropriate;
- Maintain strong control of project info related to multiple project linkages; and,
- Identify and prepare requests required for changes to systems and/or processes Investigate project systems/process-related problems/inquiries and recommend solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Seven plus (7+) years of PCO experience;
- University degree/college diploma in business or technology fields;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle- specifically experience working as Team Lead or PCO in a systems development environment in a similar organization;
- Strong service and relationship management skills;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Solid computer literacy, with the ability to leverage technology associated with job;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate courage and willingness to challenge when needed;
- Exceptional prioritization skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and,
- PMP would be a big plus.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.