Social Media Specialist
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Social Media Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Mississauga, ON to start in October.
Is your newsfeed buzzing with the latest social media tips and trends? Are you familiar with mobile devices and other exciting technologies and services that are keeping businesses on the cutting edge? Does the idea of creating content from some of Canada’s biggest festivals and events excite you? Would you welcome the opportunity to be the voice of one of Canada’s leading brands? If your answer to those questions is “Yes” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our team!
Our team is the voice of our client on social media platforms, creating and sharing content to delight our customers and help them get the most out of our products and services. The role of Social Media specialist goes far beyond brand and marketing, extending into functions across the company including media relations, customer service, and other special initiatives to name a few. The team is an “entrepreneurial” group within the larger organization and is encouraged to test new ideas to shape a strategy that will enhance our client’s brand, excite its customers and improve business performance. This role represents a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting and growing team within one of Canada’s most respected companies.
As a Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Managing our social media communities across all social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.);
- Coordinating with stakeholders across platforms to ensure superior quality of customer service and support is provided to our communities;
- Setting up and measuring the performance of paid campaigns on various social platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.);
- Writing and creating content (tweets, Facebook posts, visuals, blog posts, etc) for social media channels;
- Distributing content across our social channels and administering sponsored campaigns;
- Monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on the effectiveness of new initiatives;
- Regularly feeding back insights gained from community monitoring into marketing, product and customer service teams to help them evolve their strategies, and vice versa;
- Advising senior management of social media issues and best resolutions; and,
- Monitoring trends in online community tools and applications.
What we’re looking for:
- University or College degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, and/or relevant job experience;
- Bilingual (French/English);
- Excellent writing and text revision skills (French and English);
- Excellent translation skills (English to French);
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in social media, with a proven ability to build and engage online communities;
- Flexible and able to comfortably operate in an ever-changing environment;
- Experience planning and executing paid social campaigns;
- Creative, diplomatic, and cool under pressure with fantastic interpersonal skills;
- Available to support social events on some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and articulate them in a simple and engaging way;
- Familiar with the capabilities and limitations of various social channels and platforms i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.;
- Experience using social media management systems (Hootsuite, Lithium, etc.);
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships;
- Focused on improving skills and knowledge, and very receptive to feedback;
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary;
- Graphic Design Skills (e.g. Photoshop);
- Experience with WordPress; and,
- Comfortable working in a virtual team environment
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.