Eagle is currently seeking a Data Scientist for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Bringing deep functional expertise to shape data structures and algorithms in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage;
- Collaborating with Data Head and Developers to find opportunities to use company data to drive business solutions;
- Mining and analyzing data from company systems;
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques;
- Developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets;
- Using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes;
- Partnering with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes;
- Conducting data wrangling, munging, exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation);
- Enabling big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that use emerging technologies;
- Coding, testing, and documenting new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics; and,
- Ensuring all automated processes preserve data by leading the alignment of data availability and integration processes.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Master’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in data science and in senior engineering and technology roles working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products;
- Simulation modeling experience using AnyLogic;
- A high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them;
- Passion about innovation with a “can do” attitude;
- Understanding of high performance algorithms and Python statistical software;
- Experience with lamda architectures and batch and real-time data streams;
- Experience in industry data science (i.e. machine learning, predictive maintenance) preferred;
- Experience architecting highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools;
- Experience with agile or other rapid development methods;
- Experience in object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data;
- Deep knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures; and,
- The ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates an effective workplace.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.