Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a SCADA Analyst and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 3-month contract located in Calgary, AB to start immediately.
As a SCADA Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Lead in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Analyze day-to-day functions and processes of software and database resources to ensure they perform within predetermined guidelines, limits, and specifications;
- Follow programming and documentation standards in development and project methodology;
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, testing, and implementation;
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications, seeking the root cause;
- Document resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems;
- Plan, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades;
- Provide status reports, analysis documents, and work estimates as required;
- Participate and contribute to IT process improvements;
- Define test strategies and plans for the resolution of product issues;
- Document all phases of application development and operations;
- Liaise with external vendors in order to obtain appropriate support;
- Provide on-call technical support; and,
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and develop solutions that leverage product functionality and/or business process;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly present information to various audiences in both formal and informal settings;
- Strong customer service focus with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects concurrently;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with all levels of employees through intuitive business insight and personal credibility; this includes the ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes;
- Ability to liaise with external vendors in order to obtain appropriate support;
- Strong SQL skills and have the ability to query, analyze, and interpret data;
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (VB.net, c#, C, Java, VB6, etc.);
- Advanced ability in using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with SAP would be an asset;
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science plus a minimum of 7 years’ experience focused on Information Technology solutions including integrating and supporting packaged solutions; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.;
- Experience with a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA) is required;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience with Telvent OASyS, and ArcFM.;
- Experience with test strategies, test plans, and test scripting is required;
- Experience with software lifecycle maintenance and development is required;
- Experience working on Dispatch, Work Order Management, Field Service, and GIS applications is preferred;
- Experience working in a regulated environment, preferably within the electrical/energy industry, would be an asset;
- Valid Alberta driver’s license; and,
- Routine travel will be required in order to provide support to various company locations close to the Calgary office (i.e. Airdrie).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.