Python Developer Senior
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has career opportunities for Senior Python Developers and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Montreal, QC to start September.
As the Python Developer Senior, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering business requirements and translating them into functional design and Python back-end application for model processing;
- Working with analysts to design, develop and enhance Python back-end application using development best practice and professional design;
- Analyzing and optimizing code for optimal data manipulation and resources usage using mathematics libraries Numpy, Pandas and mathematic/statistics libraries;
- Creating templates for upcoming processing model application with flexibility and reusability in mind;
- Deploying Python application in container Docker (Openshift) environment, understand and follow corporate implementation processes;
- Providing estimates, work breakdown structures (WBS) and progress statuses;
- Conducting and creating scenarios for functional and integration unit testing in different environments; and,
- Post-deployment application support, fix and enhancement.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related project experience.;
- Five (5) years' minimum experience in Python back-end development;
- Strong experience with mathematic libraries Numpy, Pandas and mathematic/statistics libraries (like Scikit-Learn or any other that does linear regression, Anova, etc.);
- Experience with Git;
- Experience with SQL;
- Experience in Docker container development environment and different image creation and deployment tools (Jenkins, Artifactory);
- Experience with resource performance and monitoring;
- Communication skills and team collaboration;
- Experience in development of machine learning model (an asset);
- Background in statistics, operational research or optimization (an asset); and,
- Hadoop / BigData development experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.