Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Eagle currently has career opportunities for Applications Programmers and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in September.
As the Applications Programmer, you will be responsible for:
- Transforming business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals;
- Taking part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis;
- Delivering effective and defect-free application, software and operations, researching system issues and opportunities, recommending changes, overseeing execution, keeping accurate documentation. Providing support during testing cycles and post-production deployment;
- Designing, reviewing, integrating application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations). Identifying issues, developing and maintaining processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed);
- Servicing applications and systems, providing application, systems, operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established while minimizing operational risk;
- Providing prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identifying and resolving issues, performing controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority;
- Making sure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices);
- Identifying issues, developing and maintaining processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed);
- Contributing to project plans, estimations and status updates;
- Assuming the incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.);
- Promptly scheduling, packaging and releasing new applications in a timely manner, reducing change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate);
- Proactively putting forward ideas that speak to project/team objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools);
- Monitoring system life cycles, ensuring both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, re-developing as required;
- Striving to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets;
- Improving performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment;
- Following established processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; planning, monitoring and escalating issues as required;
- Complying with both disaster and business recovery plans;
- Identifying/implementing process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and reduce costs;
- Respecting the Company's technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines; and,
- Keeping up to date with technology trends.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Four (4)+ years of experience in leading and implementing solutions with Jboss;
- Four (4)+ years of experience with Linux, and Oracle technologies;
- Four (4) years of SQL experience;
- Three (3)+ years of experience with infrastructure technologies like EBX, Autosys, F5, Firewall;
- Two (2)+ years experience in Java & J2ee;
- Two (2) + years experience in Webservice and Rest API’s;
- Ability design and document the solution and deployment instructions.;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience in Remedy(programming) (an asset);
- Former Financial Institution experience (an asset);
- Knowledge of Service Now (an asset); and,
- Understanding and navigating complex processes (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.