Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Cognos Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a three (3)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in September.
As the Cognos Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Meeting with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users to define reporting requirements and goals;
- Analyzing requirements surrounding business applications, data, data dictionaries, and reporting/analytics;
- Conducting data analysis to validate business processes;
- Designing and developing dashboards or other visualizations;
- Considering the balance of data delivery and data availability during design;
- Developing and presenting technical concept alternatives to Business Analysts and business teams;
- Serving as a technical and/or functional project lead as appropriate;
- Creating report packages to manage the access to information needs of the business in a flexible but secure environment;
- Helping resolve issues that arise from multiple development teams working on complex designs;
- Adhering to technology organization's technical design and documentation standards and conform to applicable architectural standards;
- Providing input into project/resource estimating activities; and,
- Implementing communication and knowledge sharing processes for team members.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- A university degree with a mix of technical and business discipline or equivalent school and work experience;
- Five (5)+ years of experience within data warehousing, business intelligence, enterprise reporting and dashboards;
- Two (2)+ years of experience as a business intelligence/report developer using IBM Cognos;
- Ability to develop Cognos Framework Manager (FM) packages;
- Ability to be detail-oriented with a passion for technical quality and client service excellence;
- Ability to build strong client and peer relationships while working in a team environment;
- Understanding of best practice systems implementation; and,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.