Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Applications Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in September.
As the Applications Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Hands-on coding and development;
- Providing design and architecture; and,
- Providing technical leadership and expertise to the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Six (6)+ years of hands-on development experience;
- Expert-level expertise with Core Java and/or Scala;
- Python and SQL experience;
- Some experience/familiarity with all the following Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Hive HBase, Oozie, HiveQL, Hive UDFs, Sqoop, Spark, Impala;
- Maven, Jenkins, Github, and Bash experience;
- Problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.