Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Eagle currently has career opportunities for Financial Analysts and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in August.
As the Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing results reporting documents and provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes;
- Supporting month-end and quarter-end reporting packages and Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS; reviewing all information for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary;
- Preparing and updating process and control related documentation.
- Managing group attestation for the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances and trends;
- Preparing journal entries for a month-end close;
- Identifying control risks and gaps; ensuring appropriate action plans are in place to address the risk;
- Providing information and supporting the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits, ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently;
- Completing/supporting the regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information;
- Displaying and encouraging appropriate high-performance behaviours that reflect our culture of the Company;
- Acting as a subject matter expert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately;
- Building strong relationships and providing value add advice to ensure financial results are well understood;
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies;
- Supporting the operationalization of change initiatives to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency from a finance perspective;
- Collaborating with finance colleagues to support changes within the finance team;
- Identifying design, process and other inefficiencies in the analysis and reporting delivery system and suggest improvements or new requirements; and,
- Reviewing financial information prepared by others for reasonableness and flag areas of interest to appropriate stakeholders so that results are understood and opportunities and areas of concern are properly addressed in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Finance/Business/Commerce, data sciences, engineering, or mathematics;
- Five (5) years minimum of experience in a Finance function in financial services;
- Senior working level of knowledge in a professional/technical field and/or the organization’s operating procedures;
- Ability to independently conduct moderately complex routine operations and maintenance support activities;
- Ability to determines moderately complex customer requirements;
- Ability to independently respond to moderately complex queries from internal customers;
- Ability to assesses moderately complex customer requests against organization operating policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and makes recommendations;
- Ability to provide input into policy and procedure amendments;
- Ability to exhibit critical thinking skills, analytical and integrative skills;
- Demonstrable and solid communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured data sets and building financial models;
- Knowledge of design and analysis methodologies to work in an agile environment; and,
- An Accounting designation e.g. CA, CGA, CMA (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.