Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Test Lead and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a seven (7)-month contract located in Halifax, NS to start in August.
As the Test Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and establishing quality assurance measures and testing standards for the project;
- Ascertaining risks and priorities based on solution design (i.e. technical risks) and business functionality (i.e. business risk);
- Conceptualizing and documenting the test approach based on risk factors;
- Recognizing jurisdictional variances and plan for the accommodation of these differences in the testing efforts;
- Identifying testing team resources required for the testing effort, including the cross-jurisdictional testing team structure;
- Identifying quality assurance requirements for the project: test environments, test data requirements, and test scripts;
- Identify testing timelines and testing cycles;
- Establishing and engaging with external partners (training institutions and employers) for participation in interface exchange testing and validation;
- Establishing and engaging with internal partners for participation in interface testing and validation;
- Managing the Test Team during User Acceptance Testing;
- Ensuring testing cycle readiness: environment setup, data setup;
- Reviewing and approving all environment changes prior to installation (i.e. test environment owner);
- Overseeing test team resources during the testing cycle;
- Tracking and reporting testing efforts against the test plan for progress;
- Ensuring all defects are tracked and reported according to the established quality assurance standards;
- Manage the Defect Cycle;
- Establishing a standard defect lifecycle: creation, escalation, resolution, re-test and close;
- Establishing a quality standard for defect documentation;
- Creating defect reports for the leadership team;
- Attending defect review meetings with the leadership team for decisions on outstanding defects;
- Reporting Test Results by summarizing test results on a periodic basis for program leadership; and,
- Preparing final quality assurance documentation for project close off prior to go-live and obtaining all required approvals and signatures.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) years minimum of Proven Test Lead expertise;
- Ability to develop a comprehensive test plan including test plan and script development, assignment of test resources and managing testing cycles;
- Experience working in structured project team environments that include formal processes such as deliverable approvals and change request processes;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Proven track record of successful client engagements;
- Apprenticeship Management Expertise (an asset);
- iTacit Software Expertise (an asset);
- TestRail Software Expertise (an asset);
- JIRA Software Expertise (an asset);
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.