Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Java Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12)-month contract located in Kanata, ON to start September.
As the Java Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that Java development activities comply with company standards, architecture, and, as applicable, industry best practices;
- Providing coaching and code reviews to ensure that the team follows the development standards, guidelines, and methodology as specified in the company's development standards;
- Reviewing functional designs, technical designs and unit test results to ensure that they meet the entry and exit criteria; participating in quality management reviews to ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards;
- Assisting if needed to coordinate the Java development activities with other development on other non-Java platforms (e.g. ABAP) to ensure an effective integrated solution;
- Understanding and interpreting functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents;
- Analyzing technical solutions that will satisfy the functional requirements;
- Designing, developing and unit testing technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned;
- Providing support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solutions developed;
- Preparing and implementing the technical solution to the production environment; and,
- Investigating and providing post-implementation support for the technical solution implemented.
Skills and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) + years, significant position related experience required;
- Ability to execute, research/troubleshoot issues independently and quickly;
- Ability to be a creative thinker and team player;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with the client on-site;
- Knowledge of Transportation Operations terms and concepts (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.