Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Analyst (Accounting focus)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Analyst (Accounting focus) and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in August.
As the Analyst (Accounting focus), you will be responsible for:
- Roughly 70% of the time will be spent collecting data to understand the issue at hand, the remaining time will be spent formulating solutions;
- They will be required to present findings;
- Design and implement processes that result in accurate, complete, and timely inputs used throughout Finance;
- Support accounting transformation and analysis through the use of modern data mining techniques and data analytics tool;
- Support integrating, standardizing and sustaining the processes throughout;
- Assist in eliminating process inefficiencies and create enterprise-wide changes by developing a good understanding of the current state processes, defining the target state, and helping establishing a plan to streamline;
- Attend meetings to gather information;
- Record meeting minutes, action items, and follow up on items to push the project forward;
- Create and analyze reports (GL postings and trading system reports);
- Analyze data, present findings to the respective group;
- Post journal entries, support systems migrations, ensure the GL feed operates smoothly; and,
- Identify areas for improvement, suggest solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in an accounting/analyst role;
- Accounting degree; solid understanding of accounting principles;
- Excellent MS Excel skills - pivot tables;
- Comfortable with technology terms;
- Capital Markets accounting experience;
- Alteryx experience;
- Understanding/experience with interest rate products, customized bonds, money market, cross currencies, forwards, options, and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions; SWAPS;
- FI enterprise-level experience;
- Possess good teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner with team members and stakeholders from different backgrounds and experiences;
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements for Financial Instruments;
- Has a holistic view of problems, able to see end to end and develop a deep understanding of the current state to recommend ways to do things better;
- Proactively takes ownership of work;
- Strong problem-solving skills - able to identify problems and suggest solutions;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - must be able to work with others to gather information, understand the issue, and dig for further detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - must be able to work with others to gather information, understand the issue, and dig for further detail; and,
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.