Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data; and,
- Consolidating databases into cloud (Azure) and building a Data Warehouse.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is preferred;
- Three plus (3+) years of demonstrated data engineering experience or development experience;
- Three plus (3+) years of experience with Big Data Technologies like Hadoop or Hive;
- Three plus (3+) years' experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance;
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining ETL pipelines and data warehouses;
- Expertise in data modeling and query performance tuning on SQL Server, MySQL, Redshift, Postgres or similar platforms;
- Power BI experience (ETL);
- Experience with Streaming Data (from multiple sources);
- Proficiency designing and implementing data models and data integration;
- Experience deploying Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory and well-acquainted with other Azure services including Azure Data Lake and Azure ML;
- Experience implementing REST API calls and authentication;
- Exceptional analytical skills, showing fluency in the use of tools such as MySQL and strong Python, Shell, Java, PHP, and T-SQL programming skills;
- Experience developing databases using SSIS packages, T-SQL, MSSQL, and MySQL scripts;
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies;
- Spark Programming (Azure Databricks preferable);
- Experience manage high volume, high traffic GDPR solutions build; and,
- SCALA a nice to have.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.