IT Systems Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an IT Systems Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This is a permanent position located in Toronto, ON to start immediately. The company offers extensive corporate benefits and bonus and ideal work culture.
As the IT Systems Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assess current technical and cloud architecture;
- Work with the Network Operations Centre and local teams to lead technical Incident, problem and change management issues;
- Estimate system capacity to meet near and long-term processing requirements;
- Participate in performance and tuning activities for all Server & Storage infrastructure locally and in our cloud environments;
- Monitor all Infrastructure components for job failure, availability, performance degradation, etc. and initiating problem resolution and status communications until the problem is resolved;
- Lead all server and cloud infrastructure initiatives including migrations & integrations plans;
- Designing, building & maintaining a reliable & effective co-lo and cloud infrastructure;
- Define and document the technical architecture of the environment;
- Provide configuration, provision, maintenance, support & administration for all physical, virtual & cloud infrastructure including server & OS-level support, operational support in a multi-site environment and providing direction and guidance to other Support Analysts;
- Provide ownership and accountability for incidents related to the server, storage, and cloud environments; and,
- Provide off-hours support when necessary and respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for:
- Seven plus (7+) years of system administration and management experience;
- Three plus (3+) years of cloud system administration experience;
- A complete understanding of the technology required for cloud computing;
- Expertise in migrating applications to the cloud;
- Experience working with SAN’s (Dell Compellent, HP Nimble);
- Hands-on experience working with VMware in an enterprise environment;
- Expertise and knowledge to implement security information and event management to keep the company’s assets safe (SIEM);
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and Linux (SUSE, RedHat, Ubuntu);
- Extensive understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, DNS, WAN;
- A high-level understanding of key security concepts is a must;
- Good knowledge of Azure and AWS;
- Capable of writing proposals, procedures, policies, & technical documentation;
- Self-starter, critical thinker & problem solver; and,
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written), interpersonal & presentation skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.