Senior VB6 Developer
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Senior VB6 Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 1-month contract located in Brampton, ON to start immediately.
The Senior Developer is responsible for writing technical specifications of an existing legacy application by analyzing the code originally programmed using Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) and Microsoft Access 2010.
As the Senior VB6 Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Review and analyze an existing legacy (frontend VB6, backend MS-Access 2010) application to capture all technical details of the application including business rules, configurations, and any other relevant details;
- Deliver a technical specification document which captures the current state of the application;
- Technical specification document should also capture relevant functional details to ensure all business rules and configurations are documented;
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for the implementation of a replacement solution;
- Record and report application limitations which can be remediated in the new replacement solution; and,
- Performs all duties in accordance with Peel IT standards and procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum 5 years application development experience using Visual Basic or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 2 years experience providing advice, mentoring and expertise to team members;
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with Visual Basic, MS-Access, Object-oriented programming, client/server architecture, database tools, visual studio, source control tools, .NET (C# preferred), MVC, REST, SOAP;
- Strong documentation skills and proficiency in understanding user requirements, business processes and creating solutions based upon requirements;
- Understanding of financial systems is an asset, but not mandatory;
- In-depth knowledge of integrating complex applications on the desktop and across wide and local area networks is essential;
- Aware of best practices in Information Technology service delivery such as SDLC, COBIT and ITIL; and,
- Demonstrated attention to detail, practical problem-solving abilities, ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.