Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Project Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
The Project Manager establishes and leads assigned projects which have been initiated by the Accountable Executive. These include launching new products and services, application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments. The Project Manager holds the primary project relationship with the Accountable Executive and/or Senior Project/Program manager as applicable. The Project Manager ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success. The Project Manager has a solid understanding of their line of business and is able to facilitate communication with other programs/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. The Project Manager directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other sub-project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Directs complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
- Typically exercises direct accountability for projects with up to 25 team members
- Works with people managers across business and T&O to ensure projects are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills, and behaviors.
- Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating and delivering assigned projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change
- Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well a
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and professional development for project teams in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
- Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents. Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Ensures the mechanisms of change management (plans, processes, tools) are in place and effectively executed
- Ensures project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Uses past experience to proactively "anticipate" risk and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and plans. Ensures risks, assumptions and constraints are appropriately c
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on a time, cost, and quality parameters;
- Manages and/or validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Develops project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards(e.g. Risk, Audit, Compliance)
- Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project manager (or Accountable Executive, as applicable) and publishes periodic project status reports.
- Provides Accountable Executive with continued insight into the viability of the business case (e.g. costs, benefits, KPIs) as the project progresses
- Negotiates complex contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials, as well as the best value for the Enterprise. Ensures day-to-day vendor relationship management occurs (including monitoring performance, reviewing and approving vendor invoices)
- Contributes to improving the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects
- Maintains prime relationship management role with the business executive accountable for the project
What we’re looking for:
- Possesses a University degree and/or 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience;
- Possesses advanced knowledge and 3 to 6 years of experience in project management, including managing at least two projects of significant complexity and value (> $2MM) with moderate to high risk;
- Must have Financial Services and Credit Cards experience in particular;
- Holding a valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset;
- Good relationship management and consulting skills which results in an ability to earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with l;
- Solid change leadership and management skills;
- Solid risk management skills;
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization effectively;
- Solid stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the executive level;
- Sound business and technical acumen;
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at various decision-making meetings;
- Solid problem-solving and critical-thinking skills;
- Solid core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge);
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable);
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.