Eagle is currently seeking a Java Developer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting requirements gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and the overall software characteristics;
- Working with Solution Architects and technical lead to understand application, database and integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures and their breakdown into solution designs;
- Working as part of a team contributing to designing and developing successful software and supporting software testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding software enhancements;
- Applying knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Working with users and clients to determine what their needs are and develop the software to meet the requirements;
- Creating development plan and assign tasks to junior developers and other employees;
- Working with architects and colleagues to produce system designs and test artifacts and recommend upgrades to existing systems as required;
- Creating integration plans, flow diagrams and models that show programmers how the code will work together for the software;
- Working with other computer specialists and collaborate within the company to develop software;
- Developing code for multiple categories including end-user applications and utility software either as stand-alone applications or enterprise systems to create optimum systems for the business;
- Creating documentation that detail how applications or systems work together to ensure they’re maintained properly in the future and to help with any upgrades;
- Providing code and database administration in live and test environments;
- Writing technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.;
- Participating in meetings with team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Project Manager/Technical Lead; and,
- Understanding secure software development best practices and able to guide junior developers.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering (or relevant discipline) or equivalent application development experience;
- Ten plus (10+) years of experience as a Senior Java Developer or similar role;
- Experience designing, building, and testing Java enterprise applications;
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC;
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD);
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate);
- Experience with complex data relationships and operating environments;
- Good delegation and time management skills;
- Problem-solving abilities;
- Experience with MQ messaging or other messaging systems;
- Experience working closely with the business to arrive at an optimal solution in terms of functionality, timelines, and implementation;
- Experience with agile development methodologies;
- Experience in the Spring Framework;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- A creative mindset that can think outside the box and find alternative ways to develop computer applications; and
- The ability to be focused and detail oriented to spot any inaccuracies or errors within requirements and code.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.