Java Developer - Urgent Hire
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Java Developer - Urgent Hire and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a six (6) month contract to start immediately.
Key Java Developer Skills:
- Five plus (5+) years of experience as a Java Developer building enterprise applications;
- Java Framework knowledge with JSF and Spring MVC.
As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting requirements gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and the overall software characteristics;
- Working with Solution Architects and Technical Lead to understand application, database, and integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures and their breakdown into solution designs;
- Working as part of a team contributing to designing and developing successful software and supporting software testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding software enhancements;
- Applying knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Working with users and clients to determine what their needs are and develop the software to meet the requirements;
- Creating development plan and assign tasks to junior developers and other employees;
- Working with architects and colleagues to produce system designs and test artifacts and recommend upgrades to existing systems as required;
- Creating integration plans, flow diagrams, and models that show programmers how the code will work together for the software;
- Working with other computer specialists and collaborate within the company to develop software;
- Developing code for multiple categories including end-user applications and utility software either as stand-alone applications or enterprise systems to create optimum systems for the business;
- Creating documentation that detail how applications or systems work together to ensure they’re maintained properly in the future and to help with any upgrades;
- Providing code and database administration in live and test environments;
- Writing technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.;
- Participating in meetings with team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Project Manager/Technical Lead; and,
- Understanding secure software development best practices and able to guide junior developers.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.