Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Scrum Master and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for:
- Maximize the value created by the Scrum Team by serving as the servant-leader, ensuring focus and flow, removing impediments, escalating blockers and managing dependencies with other teams in the organization;
- Work with the team to achieve their highest potential, helping them create high-value products;
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies including sprint/iteration planning, retrospectives, daily standups;
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure that those goals are understood by everyone on the team, assist with effective Product Backlog management, facilitate Story Mapping, assist/create Stories and Acceptance Criteria, sequence items to maximize value delivery;
- Work with the team and its stakeholders in its scrum/agile adoption and empirical product development;
- Provide inputs to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum/Agile methods in the organization;
- Comply with departmental policies and framework standards for WSIB agile project delivery
- Identify and help mitigate project risks and issues;
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint/iteration work;
- Work with the team to maintain a sustainable pace; and,
- Enable continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a Scrum Master in software development;
- Degree in Computer Science or technology-related field;
- Cloud technology;
- Experience with a range of agile delivery techniques and tools;
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams;
- Scrum Master Certification a must (ex. CSM, SAFe SM); Kanban certification good to have;
- Experience with DevOps capabilities (e.g CI-CD);
- Experience in JIRA/Confluence;
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle;
- Strong ability to facilitate, understand and contribute to technical discussions;
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable communicating with development teams, Product Owners, Product Management, and Senior Management;
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills; able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches and drive resolution;
- High level of personal accountability, as evidenced by your commitment, resilience, ownership, and mindset toward continuous learning;
- Hardworking, high-energy, motivated, and driven to help the team excel;
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills; able to work with diverse personality types;
- Applying for this position means you are;
- An experienced problem solver with a strong technical background
- A leader and self-starter possessing a high degree of self-motivation
- A motivator of cross-functional teams; and,
- Analytical, open-minded, creative, courageous to ask the tough questions.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.