Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Java Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 5-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Java Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms. The role includes custodian of the established architecture assuring that documented standards and procedures are adhered to and ensure the smooth interpretability of the applications;
- Collaborating with IT Platform Management, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context. Work with project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements. Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance;
- Applications Development professionals are responsible for working with their managers to assure their own continuing professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of their teams. At the more senior levels, application developers are expected to train others, participate in company and industry working groups, and encourage learning, sharing a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions; and,
- Applications Development professionals will develop a thorough understanding of the businesses they support along with well-developed people and project management skills. They may apply these skills either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate;
- Six (6) to eight (8) years equivalent experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous experience with HTML, PHP, CSS, Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, SOAP, Web Services;
- Technical consultant/mentor to others within and outside own group;
- Oversees technical and functional documentation;
- Understands the impact of integrating third-party solutions to overall systems architecture.;
- Manages the process for determining deliverables, resources, and schedules;
- Oversees the development components under their management;
- Manages small to medium technical issues to resolution;
- Leads the technical design, development, and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems;
- Analyzes define and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, and operating system environment;
- Contributes to defining timetables and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs;
- Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved;
- Extends the leadership of the coding, system testing, implementation and documentation of solution; and,
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring "best practices" for technical development methodologies and tools.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.