Technical Release Manager
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for A Technical Release Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is an 8-month contract located in Ottawa, ON to start immediately.
The Release Manager will be working with the Management, development and testing team of the DSRA project to oversee all deployments to the environment required by the program. Ultimately release to the production environment. The Release Manager will be expected to cover all those aspects.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven technical leadership and proven ability to mentor your peers;
- Five years or more of release management experience;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging, and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control;
- Proven experience managing large-scale projects delivering cross-functional components from software to middleware and infrastructure;
- An understanding and experience with Agile methodologies and tools in a DevOps mode;
- Hands on experience and up to date, working knowledge of Git and SVN repositories;
- Experience supporting automated builds and continuous integration – Jenkins, Nexus, Confluence, Jira;
- Experience managing risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality;
- Experience measuring and monitoring progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Experience conducting release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Experience participating in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks;
- Experience in building comprehensive and cross-team deployment plans;
- Experience in coordinating the execution of established deployment plan;
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services;
- Understanding of Platform as a Service paradigm and hybrid deployment topology management;
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CD/CI)principles with the ability to integrate into cross-functional technologies into CD/CI pipeline; and,
- Development experience with low code (e.g. Mendix).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.