Front End Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Front End Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As the Front End Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively to design, build, test, deploy and maintain scalable, high performing, cross-browser compatible, responsive applications with technologies such as React, Express, Node.js, RESTful API, HTML5 and CSS in accordance with specifications, policies, procedures, and best practices;
- Collaborate with peers, project managers, architects, business analysts and business users in estimating and developing software applications and enhancements.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle with well written, testable, and efficient code;
- Diagnose and address complex problems where analysis of issues or data requires in-depth evaluation of various contributing factors;
- Develop unit tests, integration tests, and smoke tests for features that you develop and maintain;
- Working closely with Business Analysts to understand and interpret requirements as well as translating requirements into development specifications;
- Collaborate with the QA team to address reported issues and variances, and resolve questions about test results;
- Collaborate with Technology Standards team to ensure the application components are in compliance with UI/UX guidelines and other standards;
- Document and communicate issues, gaps, task progress and improvement ideas with Development Team Lead and Project Manager; and,
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for application components, development environment with Knowledge Base Articles and case studies as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Two (2) years of experience in ReactJS;
- Experience with using REST APIs with Front-end Components, preferably React;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience and knowledge of NodeJS;
- Six plus (6+) years of experience in HTML5, CSS3;
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM;
- Five (5) years of experience with SDLC (Unit Testing);
- Agile methodology experience;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Knowledge or experience with API Development using NodeJS would be an asset;
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS;
- Knowledge of responsive development (using any grid/responsive library e.g. Bootstrap);
- Strong knowledge of Build tools such as grunt or gulp;
- Strong knowledge of AJAX, JSX; and,
- Knowledge of authorization mechanisms such as JWT, OAuth.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.