Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Service Desk Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Service Desk Engineer for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Desk Engineer
- Update asset tracking records into a centralized asset database for any IMAC-D change to a laptop or desktop;
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers;
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure solutions as new external projects are initiated;
- May design, create and seek customer approval of proposed application test parameters prior to formally implementing the deployment and procedure of patch and software via shared services tools;
- Create, install, support and troubleshooting of approved desktop software via shared service automated software deployment tool;
- Utilizing shared services tool to create standard or customized reports for further analysis of assets and software distribution;
- May plan but also will execute maintenance, moves, adds and changes within the shared services realm of project scope;
- Provide support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving anti-virus administration, patch management issues and deployment, or issues involving software deployment;
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation of shared services program issues on behalf of customers and project team members to appropriate technical personnel;
- Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide continuous process improvement feedback to improve operational efficiency;
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customers to appropriate technical personnel;
- Gather customer requirements to create images for standard or specialized systems;
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades;
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions;
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, and procedures;
- Requires little day-to-day supervision;
- Ability to work on call after hours as required;
- Consulting with external project team members;
- Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel;
- Providing Case status updates to management, project team members and end-users;
- Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers and project team members;
- Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications;
- Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to Desktop Managed Services support.
Skills and Qualifications of a Service Desk Engineer
- Strong attention to detail;
- Follows established procedures and will continuously look for opportunities to proactively enhance;
- Strong technical and analytical skills, specifically in the areas of image and software package development;
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work independently and take ownership;
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair issues related to the shared services tools & project scope;
- Advanced level expertise of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems;
- Intermediate level expertise with Active Directory administration;
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required;
- A+ Certification, MCITP: Windows 10 certification;
- MCITP: Windows Server 2016 certification preferred;
- ITIL Certification preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM (certification preferred);
- Experience using Microsoft SCCM OSD imaging or Microsoft MDT based imaging;
- Experience using scripting tools such as PowerShell;
- Four to six (4-6) years or more of related experience preferred,
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.