Service Desk Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Service Desk Engineer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Updating asset tracking records into a centralized asset database for any IMAC-D change to a laptop or desktop;
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers;
- Participating in development of Information Technology and Infrastructure Projects;
- Fulfilling application testing parameters prior to deployment of patches or software via shared services tools;
- Installing, supporting, and troubleshooting approved desktop software via shared service automated software deployment tool;
- Utilizing shared services tool to create standard reports for further analysis of assets and software distribution;
- Performing planned maintenance, moves, adds, and changes;
- Providing support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving anti-virus administration, patch management issues and deployment, or issues involving software deployment;
- Providing timely resolution of problems or escalation of shared services program issues on behalf of customers and project team members to appropriate technical personnel;
- Exercising judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action;
- Working on call, after hours as required;
- Consulting with external project team members;
- Communicating highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel;
- Providing Case status updates to management, project team members and end-users;
- Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers and project team members;
- Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications;
- Developing, documenting, and implementing standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to Desktop Managed Services support.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience required;
- A+ Certification, MCTS certification, ITIL Certification preferred;
- Experience with SCCM preferred;
- Experience using image deployments using Microsoft SCCM;
- Two to four (2-4) years or more of related experience preferred.
- Experience with Active Directory administration;
- Intermediate level experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems;
- Experience troubleshooting, supporting, and repairing software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers;
- Strong attention to detail and following established procedures;
- Strong technical and analytical skills, specifically in the areas of image and software package development;
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility;
- The ability to work independently and take ownership; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.