Service Desk Engineer
Eagle is currently seeking a Service Desk Engineer for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Desk Engineer
- Update asset tracking records into a centralized asset database for any IMAC-D change to a laptop or desktop;
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers;
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects
- Fulfill application testing parameters prior to deployment of patches or software via shared services tools;
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software via shared service automated software deployment tool;
- Utilizing shared services tool to create standard reports for further analysis of assets and software distribution;
- Performing planned maintenance, moves, adds and changes;
- Provide support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving anti-virus administration, patch management issues and deployment, or issues involving software deployment;
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation of shared services program issues on behalf of customers and project team members to appropriate technical personnel;
- Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action;
- Ability to work on call after hours as required;
- Consulting with external project team members;
- Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel;
- Providing Case status updates to management, project team members and end-users;
- Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers and project team members;
- Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications;
- Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to Desktop Managed Services support.
Skills and Qualifications of a Service Desk Engineer
- Strong attention to detail and following established procedures;
- Strong technical and analytical skills, specifically in the areas of image and software package development;
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work independently and take ownership;
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers;
- Intermediate level expertise of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems;
- Experience with Active Directory administration;
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required;
- A+ Certification, MCTS certification, ITIL Certification preferred;
- Experience with SCCM preferred;
- Experience using image deployments using Microsoft SCCM;
- Two to four (2-4) years or more of related experience preferred.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.