Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Migration Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
The Migration Architect provides expertise in designing and executing against a strategy for collecting and assessing key application business and technical requirements in preparation for a technology change. This professional is equipped with the core infrastructure knowledge and necessary business acumen required to lead workshops with both the infrastructure and application teams, with the purpose of developing dependency mapping relationships needed for migration planning events. Additionally, the architect has the skillset to use in-house or vendor-developed tools for inventorying logical assets and creating application connection maps. 10+ years managing complex projects and leading teams
As the Migration Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Works individually and within a team on data center and application migration projects;
- Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during mapping and migration process;
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement, acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple migrations - dependency mapping;
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results;
- Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects;
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts and Technology Business Consultants;
- Document application migration dependencies;
- Ability to execute migration waves on large, complex, or shared environments;
- Document infrastructure requirements at target data centers, develop infrastructure mapping between source and target data centers;
- Track completion of infrastructure tasks and report status to FIS Program Leads;
- Support migration waves and act as infrastructure and engineering escalation point during waves;
- Collect and develop detailed Playbook and migration plans and procedures based on detailed schedule/server bundles;
- Create and manage planning Playbook for each migration event; and,
- Assist in migration planning to include pre-migration shutdown, cutover, startup, test, and contingency/back-out and post-migration.
What we’re looking for:
- University or College degree with related experience;
- Advanced knowledge of data center migration/consolidation lifecycle;
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques, and principles used in application mapping · Proficiency in creating detailed plans and processes related to data and data center migration and application systems migration;
- Operating systems: RHEL Linux, Windows, HPUX, AIX, Solaris · Database: Oracle, SQL, DB2;
- Clustering/High Availability: Virtualization (ESX/VMware VMs, near/var, hard/soft zones), many types of storage and Raid levels;
- Thick and thin provisioning, VCS, Microsoft/SQL Clusters, various load balanced solutions (F5-GTM/LTM GLB LLB VIPS), horizontal and vertical application clusters; granular recovery, Global Load Balancing, and DNS; and,
- Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, IPsec, VRRP, OSPF, DMVPN · Exadata, Golden Gate, DataGuard.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.