Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Contract Category Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Contract Category Manager and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in July.
As the Contract Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manages execution and implementation of moderately complex sourcing initiatives within the expenditure category;
- Develops a timeline and organizes a team to implement moderately complex sourcing strategies approved by the executive steering committee;
- Manages day-to-day execution of the sourcing process and facilitates the involvement of expert resources;
- Works with Corporate Services Finance group to develop overall category analysis and research plan to define industry structure and operating practices, supplier market structure and supplier capabilities in complex, changing industries;
- Facilitates expert resource involvement in the supplier selection process;
- Develops request for proposal and other selection and supplier evaluation tools where results have a significant financial impact;
- Builds a negotiation case by performing and overseeing detailed financial analysis to determine the cost of specified products and services and overall financial impact of alternative agreement structures;
- Prepares the negotiation team and facilitates the negotiation process;
- Able to lead moderately complex negotiations with some independence and minimal supervision;
- Develops a detailed migration plan and implementation plans for new supplier agreements and programs;
- Monitors and reports progress against major milestones for assigned sourcing initiatives;
- Performs in-depth analysis of relevant information for the purpose of identifying opportunities, developing proposals and recommendations for use by management and others to improve sourcing strategies;
- Provide detailed analysis of industries and supply markets to define alternative supplier relationship structures to meet enterprise-wide requirements and reduce the cost for use by management;
- Consult with Corporate Services Finance group to benchmark current practices against industry standard and best-in-class performance;
- Analyzes current business requirements, supplier relationship structures, and processes; and
- Recommends new sourcing strategies, process improvements and supplier relationship structures to the Line of Business;
- Provides direction to the Business Analytics group to create comprehensive cost models for key products and services;
- Prepares for negotiation through the use of in-depth cost knowledge of category to identify further cost savings opportunities and strengthen negotiation position;
- Develop "what if" scenarios, to demonstrate the range of negotiation options available to management/clients; and,
- Participate in the delivery of a comprehensive analysis of the cost models that present comprehensive views on the cost models and analyses to better understand cost drivers.
What we’re looking for:
- Five (5) to eight (8) years' experience working as a Category Manager;
- Familiarity with Sourcing workflow solutions tools;
- Skilled in RFx development and execution process;
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiations;
- Experience in sourcing engagements or knowledge of the practices, procedures, and principles of one subject or functional area sufficient to apply in-depth sourcing activities;
- Extensive skills in Microsoft Office Suite tools;
- Strong experience with a source to pay tool- Coupa, Emptoris or Ariba would be an asset;
- Knowledge or experience with Corporate Real Estate background would be an asset;
- Large insurance or financial firms organizations;
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner on multiple teams;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal;
- Managing multiple activities with varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization while under time constraints;
- Maintaining productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external sources, colleagues, and others to obtain provide, verify and discuss information and best practices;
- Assignments are carried out with considerable independence and the incumbent is expected to take initiative in seeking out information;
- Sourcing the appropriate depth of relevant information within the time constraints allotted;
- Developing appropriate scenarios to supply the client/management with a viable range of options
- Recommended strategies have a considerable impact on customer satisfaction and financial results;
- Must demonstrate considerable success in meeting business objectives consistent with launching a new, leading edge, high profile, and competitive organization;
- Influences and promotes a high level of understanding and acceptance of the issues and practices in a rapidly evolving, competitive field;
- Keeping abreast of the innovations and advancements in business practices and technologies; and,
- As a key contributor develops the capability to act as a change agent and demonstrate resiliency as changes occur.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.