Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Oracle Database Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Oracle DBA for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating Database Architectures;
- Designing and building databases from business requirements;
- Developing innovative strategies, processes, and best practices;
- Working with Application Development Team on database design to meet business requirements;
- Writing and troubleshooting complex stored procedures;
- Developing Oracle Replication solutions (12 environments);
- Developing Oracle Backup and Recovery solutions;
- Oracle Database configuration management (Memory, CPU, storage);
- Oracle Performance Tuning;
- Oracle Performance Testing with Applications;
- Creating Oracle Maintenance plans;
- Creating and maintaining Oracle Build documentation;
- Creating and maintaining Oracle maintenance and sustainment documentation;
- Creating Oracle escalation processes and documentation;
- Creating and maintaining Oracle reporting – Daily, Health, and Exception requirements (project)Installing, configuration and upgrading of database servers;
- Planning storage requirements for the database system;
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers;
- Reviewing PL/SQL code done by developers and proposes improvements;
- Reviewing system and programming designs to ensure efficient use of database resources;
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database;
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database;
- Backing up and restoring databases;
- Contacting database vendor for technical support;
- Developing and testing database backup procedures;
- Identifying improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements and system performance and functional requirements;
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Writing complex scripts for data manipulation and management as well as report generation;
- Following all established procedures; and,
- Writing technical documentation and deliverables.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten plus (10+) years Oracle DBA skills on UNIX/Linux platform;
- Demonstrated work experience with application development and support;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Positive, flexible, open-minded approach towards work assignments;
- Good interpersonal skills with a natural ability to work with and support colleagues, ability to adapt to and work effectively with clients and co-workers with different styles and levels of technical knowledge;
- The ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision and work well under pressure;
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, debugging skills and proven ability to discern critical from minor problems; and,
- The ability to prioritize, manage, and handle multiple tasks at one time.
The following skills are considered nice to have:
- Database architecture;
- UNIX Shell Scripting;
- Data Modeling;
- Good understanding of UNIX/Linux clustering;
- Experience working in a team-based development environment with multiple developers;
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with specific performance targets; and,
- Application development and support experience within a publicly or privately-held utilities organization.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.