Network Systems Administrator
Eagle is currently seeking a Network Systems Administrator for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Administering a complex virtual infrastructure comprised of Windows systems, VMware ESXi server, Citrix Netscaler, and Citrix XenApp Server technologies;
- Working with project resources to design, implement, and document enterprise wide initiatives;
- Developing scripts to improve operational efficiencies using Powershell;
- Providing in-depth technical expertise for the operation and maintenance of existing server, storage, and security solutions in order to ensure the integrity and availability of corporate data;
- Carrying out daily maintenance and administration of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange server, Blackberry Enterprise server, Storage Area Networks, VPN and proxy server appliances;
- Monitoring and maintaining backup solutions including VTL and SAN based technologies;
- Working with VMware ESXi server and vCenter as well as performing physical and virtual server builds and images;
- Monitoring and analyzing performance of Windows and ESXi based operating systems as well as creatively troubleshooting complex infrastructure performance issues as they arise;
- Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving complex and varied infrastructure support requests through the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools and by providing personal hands-on desktop level help;
- Monitoring logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity and implementing resolutions; and,
- Managing virus, intrusion, and infrastructure related policy violations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Graduation from a recognized Institute of Technology or University program in an appropriate specialty specifically related to Infrastructure administration and analysis;
- A minimum of four (4) year’s progressively responsible experience in Infrastructure administration and maintenance;
- Experience with supported Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange 2013 and Blackberry Enterprise Server 12, VMware ESXi server 6.x, XenApp 6.x, HPE backup solutions, HPE storage area networks, and HPE blade server hardware;
- Experience with multi-site Data Centre topologies;
- The ability to rapidly acquire in-depth knowledge of unfamiliar systems through research and self-learning;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, teamwork, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities;
- The ability to be highly self-motivated with the proven ability to work independently to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a mission critical high-pressure environment; and,
- The ability to perform the physical requirements of the job, including lifting up to 35 kilograms.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.