Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Applications Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in June.
As the Applications Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Participate in agile software development projects by priming and executing SCM activities such as build, packaging, and deployment;
- Set up and maintain automation by adopting trending DevOps technologies and processes;
- Ensure SCM infrastructure and tools, including GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, and TFS, are current, reliable and operational;
- Support application deployment and troubleshooting of environments;
- Develop, document, and promote branch/merge strategies, build and packaging methodologies, and ensure they comply with both company and industry standards and best practices; and,
- Communicate, present, and ensure compliance of SCM strategies to development teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in the IT industry;
- Knowledge of SCM fundamental concepts and practices such as branch/merge strategies, build process, packaging approaches, and deployment best practice.;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Java middleware application build and deployment automation using Jenkins,
- Experience with:
- - UNIX shell scripting;
- - Middleware deployment and configuration in WebLogic or JBoss.;
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (software, application or operational) problems.;
- Able to build and maintain relationships within and across different teams.;
- Client focus and attention to details.;
- Cloud, Kubernetes, OCP;
- Solaris packaging experience or Linux RPM packaging;
- Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps Server;
- .Net application build experience.;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; and,
- Teamwork, and accountability.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.