Senior VB6 Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior VB6 Developer. This is a one (1) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and analyzing an existing legacy frontend VB6 and backend MS-Access 2010) application to capture all technical details of the application including business rules, configurations and any other relevant details;
- Delivering a technical specification document which captures current state of the application;
- Working with technical specification documents that captures relevant functional details to ensure all business rules and configurations are documented;
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies for implementation of a replacement solution;
- Recording and reporting application limitations which can be remediated in the new replacement solution; and,
- Performing all duties in accordance with Peel IT standards and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum five (5) years application development experience using Visual Basic or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Two (2) years experience providing advice, mentoring and expertise to team members;
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with Visual Basic, MS-Access, Object oriented programming, client/server architecture, database tools, visual studio, source control tools, .NET (C# preferred), MVC, REST, SOAP;
- Strong documentation skills and proficiency in understanding user requirements, business processes and creating solutions based upon requirements;
- Understanding of financial systems is an asset, but not mandatory;
- In-depth knowledge of integrating complex applications on the desktop and across wide and local area networks is essential;
- Aware of best practices in Information Technology service delivery such as SDLC, COBIT and ITIL; and.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, practical problem-solving abilities, ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.